Maintaining a Healthy Balance Over the Easter Break
If you’ve been anywhere near a supermarket recently, you will have no doubt seen the signs that Easter is here! It seems the shelves have been stocked for weeks with the tempting treats we associate with this time of year – Hot Cross Buns, Easter Eggs and chocolate!
At Kate Ivey Fitness, we are all about enjoying these special holidays and the festivities that go along with them without any guilt. We believe it’s all about balance – what you do MOST of the time, not SOME of the time that counts. If you’re consistent with eating healthful foods and moving your body regularly, there is no need to panic about the odd delicious hot cross bun or choccy egg!
Below are a few ideas to help keep your healthy habits on track and still enjoy your Easter break!
- Remove any guilt, shame or labelling foods as ‘bad’. Making yourself feel terrible over a not so healthful decision isn’t doing any good! Accept your choice and move on to making your next one more in line with your goals.
- Make healthy choices with your meals and ensure you eat enough. This way you will be more in control of your cravings and what your body really wants or needs when treats are around.
- Don’t deny yourself. If you love a hot cross bun with butter - have one! Really enjoy every mouthful and move on. Depriving yourself of something will only make you want it more and you’ll be less likely to stop at 1 when you eventually give in to the temptation!
- Keep treats out of eyesight. This is an easy trick to stop mindless snacking – out of sight, out of mind and all that!
- Keep active with your family over the long weekend. Go for walks, bike rides or get them all involved in a DediKate workout!
- Use the long weekend to try out some new healthy recipes! There is a great hot cross bun recipe on DediKate!
- As always, drink plenty of water. It is easy to mistake thirst for hunger, so keep hydrated!
Remember, don’t stress about missing a workout, or the odd Easter treat! As we said at the beginning, it’s what you do most of the time that counts! If you’re regularly moving your body and eating a balanced diet you’re doing great. Have a treat now and then, eat it mindfully, enjoy it and move on with the rest of your long weekend!
Not a member and keen to see what DediKate is all about? Sign up to our 2 week FREE trial – we know you’ll love it!!!
Team DediKate x