Bircher Muesli Recipe
18 Nov 2022
This recipe is a healthy version of a Bircher Muesli that is packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats, which are important macronutrients for controlling blood sugar levels in the morning!
- 1 cup rolled oats (we used Carman's Natural Bircher Muesli)
- 1 cup low-fat milk or low-fat plain yoghurt of choice for soaking.
- 1 grated green apple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds (or both)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Handful strawberries/berries
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Mix all the of the ingredients together in a bowl. Soak the muesli for 6-8hrs or overnight.
- Top it with cinnamon and homemade granola if you like! You can also add a serving of pea/whey protein powder for an extra protein hit!
- Refrigerate for up to a week.
Looking for more recipes?
Join DediKate and receive a 7-day free trial! From healthy dinners to a snack on-the-go, we share fresh and easy recipes every week. Take the hassle out of what to eat by trying our delicious new healthy recipes, perfect for the whole family.
Learn how to fuel your body and look after it with food, in a long term sustainable way. No diets and no guilt!
More from the Blog!
Anna's Low Impact Alternatives
1 Dec 2022
Workout for Mental Health Winner - Carolyne Johnston!
17 Feb 2023