Benefits of Boxing
Why Boxing? It helps you build strength, improve endurance, gain confidence, and it’s fun! There are so many more amazing benefits and to find out more keep reading!
When you picture boxing you may think of Rocky Marciano, fighting and running up big sets of stairs. However not all boxing is like this! In our BOXhiit and BOXlift there is no fighting, getting in a ring or physical trauma. It is a version of boxing fitness where you are in your own space using shadowed boxing moves, that helps to empower your mind and body!
- Boxing builds strength through shadowed moves. When you are doing the boxing moves you are exerting strength into each exercise which is allowing you to get stronger at the same time. Boxing is a full body workout this means it helps to build strength all the way from your feet to your head!
- It also has great cardiovascular endurance benefits, it gets your heart pumping and engages your lungs which both help to improve overall health. The combination of both cardiovascular endurance and strength training works to burn fat and build muscle!
- By using your entire body, moving and transitioning from move to move in different positions you are improving your balance by challenging it. The more you practice the better your balance reaction becomes!
- Boxing is extremely beneficial for helping your hand-eye coordination. When you box, your body works in harmony with your fists and eyes to build your fine motor skills. This is a valuable skill in day to day living!
- Boxing is such a great way to workout because it can help you feel more confident with yourself. This ranges from pride for doing the workouts, committing to getting better, to feeling stronger in your own body.
- Along with great physical results boxing also has positive benefits for your mental wellbeing. Research has shown that by doing moderate to intense exercise releases endorphins in your body. Endorphins are chemicals that are produced by our body to reduce stress and pain. So by doing physical exercise like boxing you are giving back to your body!
Try For Yourself
Keen to try our boxing workouts on DediKate? Sign up today to your FREE 2 week trial and give them a go!
BOXlift are 20 min low impact yet fast paced boxing style weight training workouts, designed to empower you and build strength, coordination and control.
BOXhiit are 20 min fast paced boxing style HIIT training workouts, designed to empower you and improve your all round fitness and strength.
Start your FREE 2 week trial today and give our boxing workouts a go!