Running - Where to start?
2 Mar 2021DediKate
What better way to make the most of the remaining longer sunny days outdoors, improve your cardio fitness and get some good feelings going than heading out for a run!
If you have never been a runner, or have had a break from running, setting off on your first run can be quite a daunting idea. With the launch of the DediKate6k we thought this would be the ideal time to share with you some tips and tricks on how to get started on your running journey!
- The first one is, no-one was born a runner! We ALL have to start somewhere, it’s easy to let our heads get in the way and prevent us from heading out the door – but you know the best thing is to just GO on that first run!
- Start slow. It can be as easy as ‘jog a power pole, walk a power pole!’ You can gradually increase as you get fitter.
- Be realistic. If you have never run before, or haven’t for a while, maybe start off with a mixture of walking and running! Beginning with something you know you can manage will leave you feeling accomplished at the end and will make you keen to hit the pavement again!
- Ensure you have appropriate, comfortable, well-fitting shoes and clothing. Anything that causes discomfort in any way is going to be distracting – comfort is key!
- Run with a buddy! This won’t be for everyone, but running with a friend or someone you find motivating can help you push through that little bit further or faster than you thought you could!
- Keeping up your DediKate workouts will definitely help your running too. Power Sessions, Ignite, Sculpt as well as Yoga, Pilates and stretching will increase your cardio fitness, strength, endurance and flexibility – therefore making you a more efficient runner!
- Set an achievable goal! By completing the DediKate6k Challenge maybe you would like to shave minutes off your time? Or for you, finishing the full 6km without stopping would be an awesome achievement! The challenge is completely YOURS! Having something to work towards gives you a ‘why’ and will help with the motivation to keep going with your running training!
- Included in your DediKate membership are running plans for beginners, all the way up to half marathons. Members can find these HERE.
The DediKate6km challenge begins on the 1st of March! If you’re not a DediKate member and are keen to find out more about this challenge, or any of the other awesome membership inclusions, why not sign up to our 2 week FREE trial?
Don't forget you can always get in contact with us if you have any questions too! We love hearing from you and sharing knowledge where we can help!
Team DediKate x