AngusPure Sticky Ribs
19 May 2021DediKate
- 2.3kg AngusPure Beef Short Ribs
- Olive oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 sticks of celery
- 1 sliced onion
- 500ml beef stock to cover
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
Prep time: 5-10mins Cook time: 7-8 hours Serves: 8
The night before
- Place the ribs in a roasting dish, season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients to make the marinade then add to the ribs. Refrigerate overnight.
The next day
- Preheat oven to 100 Celcius.
- Cover the roasting dish containing your marinaded ribs tightly with a double layer of foil and cook for 7-8 hours, or until tender.
- Transfer the the ribs to a baking tray and skim away any fat from the roasting dish, leaving the remaining juices in the dish.
- Bring the remaining juices in the pan to the boil over a high heat on the hob.
- Simmer for around 2 minutes before adding the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the celery, garlic and onion.
- Brush the sauce mixture onto the ribs so they are coated all over, then return the ribs to the oven for 20-40 minutes, or until sticky.
- Enjoy these delicous sticky ribs with your favourite greens and potatoes!
Don't forget! DediKate members get 15% off their order from AngusPure Beef!
To take advantage of this and some other great members only deals, sign up for your 2 week FREE trial today!!!
Want More Great Recipes?
Want access to hundreds more healthy recipes to help you on your wellness journey?
Start your two week FREE trial today on DediKate!