Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
23 Sep 2021DediKate
A bite sized take on a favourite cake recipe! These bliss balls make the perfect energy boosting sweet snack.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dessicated coconut + around 1/2 cup for rolling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup carrots – raw and chopped
- 15 Dates
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 – 2 tablespoons maple syrup – optional
- 1/2 cup walnuts – chopped
- Place dates in a bowl and cover them with boiling water to soak for a few minutes before removing from the water (keep the water – you may need it).
- Add sunflower seeds, 1 cup of coconut, cinnamon and salt to a food processor and pulse until they resemble a coarse powder.
- Add carrots, softened dates and chia seeds to the food processor and pulse until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times. If the mixture is too wet, add more coconut. If too dry, add a little of the water from the dates.
- Taste the mixture and add maple syrup if needed and pulse to combine again (we found ours were sweet enough without the maple syrup).
- Stir chopped walnuts into the mixture.
- Roll into balls around the size of a golf ball, then roll in coconut.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Cook time: 0
Prep time: 10
Not sure what to do over the school holidays?!
Join our 2 week FREE school holday challenge and get fit with Kate Ivey Fitness and Pita Pit! During the two weeks you will come together as a family to move, learn, play and eat. We provide you and your family with a planner containing activities, recipes, chats and movement - how fun!
Want More Great Recipes?
Are you after some new and inspiring recipes for you and your family to enjoy? Included in your DediKate membership, is access to hundreds of recipes - with a new one added each week!
There's everything from main meals and snacks, to healthy baking and great ideas for the family! Start your 2 week free trial today and take a look for yourself!