The Key to Exercise Success!
Clue: It's something we all have access to!
Consistency is key!
Being consistent in your training is a key factor in improving your performance and achieving your health and fitness goals!
Why is consistency so important?
Doing consistent exercise over time while increasing intensity and volume of the exercise will improve overall performance. How? This is because the more we practice something the better we can do it naturally, and become more comfortable in the movements. As well, doing the same exercises or similar workouts will improve strength and muscle mass in those particular areas you are focussed on. By putting continual force upon a particular muscle group over time your body will break down your muscles as part of strengthening them. Without continuous force, the same muscle group over time will lose muscle mass. That is why if you take a few weeks or months off from exercise you will find it hard to get back into it or have the same strength you had before.
Seeing improvement in your training and performance doesn’t happen overnight, it occurs over time through doing continuous training and exercise. Without consistency in your training you will not see your full potential!
To build muscular endurance and strength in the biceps with a bicep curl or similar exercise:
- Week 1: 8 Repetitions at 5kg x3 Sets
- Week 2: 10 Repetitions at 5kg x3 Sets
- Week 3: 12 Repetitions at 5kg x3 Sets
- Week 4: 8 Repetitions at 6kg x3 Sets
If you are only doing a bicep curl or similar exercise to work your bicep muscle every 2-3 weeks you won’t see the results you're after. This does not mean do the same workout each day, but try to include the same or similar workout each week!
Keep reading for some great tips to keep yourself consistent and learn how DediKate can help you!
- Create and stick to a workout plan - or choose a DediKate challenge that is similar to what your fitness goals are.
- Do similar workouts and exercises over a period of time to help improve your overall performance. Every time you do the same workout try to see if you can do more repetitions or increase the weight.
- Favourite your DediKate workouts that you enjoy doing so that you can easily find them and continue to do them for up to 6 months!
- 5 day workout plans are way more effective and efficient than 6 or 7 day workout plans. When you don’t have sufficient time to recover, your body will be tired and sore which can lead to decreased motivation and performance and possible injury.
- Use a balanced approach: don’t overload your week with hard workouts, incorporate sessions that will help you overall, ie: a balanced workout week includes workouts to improve strength, endurance, stretching, flexibility, balance and recovery.
- Ensure your goals are achievable and realistic. It can be hard to continue to motivate yourself to exercise if you are finding you can’t reach your goals.
- Have a purpose for your training. When you are figuring out which workouts to do, think about your health and fitness goals! Base your workouts on what is going to help you improve in these areas.
Schedule and plan your workouts!
Think about why you are working out, and plan it ahead of time so that it is structured and consistent with what you are working toward.
Follow your plan as best as you can - and remember, adapt where you need!
Need a hand with keeping consistent? We're here!
How can DediKate help incorporate consistency into your life?
- There are a wide variety of workouts to suit your health and fitness goals.
- Workouts that can be favourited and saved for 6 months, these workouts can be done on demand from the comfort of your own home!
- Challenges with premade plans up to 12 weeks. When you sign up for a challenge you also get weekly emails with motivation, support, encouragement, tips and specifics for each week of the programme.
- Safe Pregnancy and Postpartum workouts and exercise plans.
- Rest, Recovery and Relaxation sessions to provide balance to your workout week.
- Nutritional advice and plans to help you achieve your goals not only through exercise but also nutritionally!
- Expert advice available to help you reach and achieve your health and fitness goals.
Are you keen to get consistent with your exercise?
Let us take the pressure off you and allow DediKate to help you achieve your health and fitness goals!
Start your free trial now and start seeing the benefits!