Our TOP TIPS for Exercising in the Summer Heat!
13 Apr 2022DediKate Exercise Specialist - Alison Blanchard
Keep up those great exercise habits without overheating this summer!
Can you believe summer is almost here?
The year has flown by and the hot, silly season has crept up on us!
Warm weather and exercise, it can be pretty sweaty!
We all know how hard it is to find motivation to get through a workout when it’s so hot you can’t be bothered to move! DediKate is here to help you keep up your health and fitness by providing a few key tips to get your exercise done in the fun over the hot summer season!
Use these daily tips to keep you fit, healthy and thriving this summer!
Be smart, plan and hydrate!
- Try to avoid exercising midday when the sun is the hottest! Workout in the morning or later in the evening when it is cooler and the UV rays aren’t as high. This will help you get the most out of your workout!
- Make sure you are fully hydrated! Warmer conditions can cause you to sweat more so by drinking more water you decrease the chances of becoming dehydrated!
- Find a buddy to exercise with! This will help to keep you motivated and accountable to get your workouts in, especially in the mornings when your bed is too comfy!
- If you are outdoors or only have time to exercise midday find a shady spot to do your exercise! This could look like a DediKate workout under a covered space, or choosing a shady trail for your run, walk or bike! Another option would be to move your workout/ exercise indoors where there is air conditioning or a fan!
Gear, fuel and a check of the weather also help!
- Clothing! Your clothing really can affect your exercise so make sure you're comfortable and wearing lighter weight, breathable and light colour clothing. Try to avoid wearing darker shades because they attract the sun.
- Have a sweat towel ready! Since the hotter weather may cause you to be a little sweatier make sure you bring a sweat towel to wipe yourself down when you need it. Looking to purchase a Cooling Sweat Towel? We have DediKate Cooling Sweat Towels available for purchase! Buy them HERE
- Wear sunscreen!!
- Ensure you fuel your body properly, Ie: Enough electrolytes, fruits and vegetables, carbs, protein. This ensures your body will work properly especially in hot conditions.
- Check the weather forecast and plan your workouts accordingly: if you know a day is going to be hot, be prepared for this and plan your workout appropriately.
- Listen to your body! Take things slower if needed.
Workout with us this summer!
The most important thing this summer is that you keep your body moving! At DediKate we have a wide range of workouts to help you stay fit and active this summer in a safe and realistic way! Our quick and efficient workouts for busy women can be done on demand from the comfort of your own home.
Start your free trial now and start seeing the benefits!