Exercise and Mental Health
Getting our bodies moving has many positive impacts on our mental health as well as our physical health!
We often speak about the wonderful things exercise does for our body like increasing our strength, fitness, heart and bone health. As well as all the amazing physical benefits, getting moving for the sake of your mental health is just as beneficial!
As we launch our Move for Mental Health campaign, we thought it would be a great time to talk about the benefits of physical exercise on our mind and overall happiness!
- Exercise is a great confidence booster - start making movement a habit and see for yourself!
- When you exercise, your body releases ‘feel good’ chemicals into your blood stream, giving you an awesome boost!
- Getting active is a great way to gain perspective or clarity on things. If you’re worrying or stuck on something, try a bit of physical activity and see how you feel after!
- Making new friends! Whether in a team sport or through common interests, exercise is a great form of social connection.
- Getting moving is a great natural energy boost! Next time you feel a little slump coming on, try a quick 10 minutes or so of physical activity.
- Setting goals or forming new healthy habits is great for making you feel accomplished!
- Increased productivity. Take a break from your work or other tasks and head out for a brisk walk or quick workout, your brain will come back firing!
- Exercise can help improve self esteem. You’ll be feeling healthy, energized and productive, which will leave you feeling like the amazing person you are!
- Remember, all forms of movement are fantastic! Yoga, jogging, strength training, team sports, HIIT workouts, pilates or swimming – find what YOU love!
What do you love doing and what benefits to your health have you noticed from working out or getting moving? We would love to hear – get in touch and let us know!
For those not already DediKate members, Move for Mental Health is $10 and this gives you 6 weeks of access to DediKate as well as the challenge. For those who are already members, the $10 gives you access to the challenge. All proceeds go to I AM HOPE (your entire $10 less the payment gateway fee).
Sign up to Move for Mental Health TODAY!
Team DediKate x